Wednesday, 19 June 2013

Style inspiration Thunderbirds Lady Penelope meets Rocky Horror

It was one of those freezing, slightly wet days and I was due to be spending 8 hours outside, picnicking and pretending the sun was out.  It's times like this that us Brits know how to man up, paint on a smile and damn well make the best of it. 
For good measure I slapped on some fake tan and determined to go bare legged. The beauty of this coat  is that it is WARM, but summertime cheerful  (size 16 and by a brand called Wardrobe, an Ebay find for £6.99!), the dress underneath was not even glimpsed all day, but it was an optimistic hope that may be the temperature would pick up (it didn't).
Initially I was quite pleased with my new shade of lippie (was persuaded to buy 2 in fact). But looking at pics, it is a little Rocky Horror.


J




7 comments:

  1. Wow, you look uber glam! Both coat and dress are just stunning, I love the burst of colour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look at it now and it all looks a bit too try hard, I liked your image of the girl with the shopping bags, the pink might be a bit too look at me, so this could be on the resale pile!

      Delete
  2. You look fabulous...love the coat and dress:)
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW - I absolutely LOVE this coat and dress - you look AMAZING

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, but everyone else was elegant and subtle, I felt like a blancmange!

      Delete
  4. I’m not that much of a online reader to be honest but your sites really nice, keep it up!
    I'll go ahead and bookmark your site to come back later on. Cheers

    Feel free to visit my website: interior plants

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you and quite happy for some lively debate so feel free to say what you think! ....